Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Oh where is my passport?

This is not a humorous posting.

I sent my passport through FedEx to the Senegalese Embassy in Washington 10 days ago. I am waiting for them to return it to me with my visa for the semester inside. Waiting.

My passport is the one thing that I am uber-conscious of while abroad and it made me very nervous to send it away. Without that, I can't get anywhere! And plus, it's got cool stamps.

Also, yellow fever. A must have for travelers to Africa, the vaccine, I mean. I spent what felt like days searching for my yellow book before going to Kenya this summer because I needed proof of vaccination to cross over the border to Tanzania. When I reached the border all they wanted was my 100 USD cash. Better safe than sorry?

No comments:

Post a Comment